Thursday, May 7, 2020

Dear Parents,
     Happy Thursday!   Which means tomorrow is Friday!! YAY!!  I think Monday thru Wednesday is when I put in the most work.  I can ease up on Thursday and Friday.  I start getting Social Studies ready for next week on these days.  This week I had some extra things to deal with.  I had a Dollars for Scholars meeting on Monday night. I had to meet and video a presentation of Dollars for Scholars scholarship awards and a personal family scholarship today.  I have a Food Pantry meeting tonight.  After this week, I hope things slow down until I am done with school.

Language Arts - Today your students answered questions over Chapter 24-30 in the book.  Tomorrow they will take the Unit test.  This unit test is found in the very back of the packet.  It is the last page.  I converted that test online.  They will need to take that tomorrow. Next week I will be assigning them a small writing project over Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  We will only have about 7 days left so not sure reading another book will work.  I will have to research some ideas of things to do to finish the year.

Math- Today wrapped up their study on measurement.  Tomorrow they will begin looking at factors.  I am going to be working on planning out the rest of the year in this subject also.  I have several directions to go, I just need to pick the best one for the kids.  Only 12 more days of this counting today.

Social Studies -  We are moving through the book at a faster pace than if we were in class.  I have this subject mapped out already.  They have been doing 2 lessons a week.  The last week they will do 3 lessons. I just don't want them to miss out on any interesting learning.  The last section is the West region and to me the most interesting.  I want to be sure they are getting that fun stuff.  I will not be able to test the students on anymore states and capitals but I hope they are still practicing.  This is one thing they always walk away with is knowing where all 50 States and Capitals are located.  Keep practicing and singing that song!

Thank you very much for the flowers I have received from a couple of students.  I love them.
Teacher Appreciation week is a special one.

I hope this all finds everyone well.  We are still doing great.  We try to support local businesses but we are not ready to sit in a restaurant yet.   We go to the store but usually in a mask.  I think Walmart has been the worst.  Tons of people, and mostly people who don't care about wearing a mask or 6 feet.  I am good with no mask but keep your distance.  I am not worried about me but I have family members that I am doing shopping for that I do worry about.

I miss your kids every day and it makes me sad that this is how we had to end our year.  We had a great year and your kids did a great job learning to manage their time, homework, and other activities. Be proud!  I most definitely am!   

We are headed to Ames on Saturday to bring home more of my daughter's things.  She has found out her summer classes are now online also.  So back we go to get more things.  I hope all of you find something fun to do.

God Bless,
Mrs. Sickels

No comments:

Post a Comment