Thursday, May 14, 2020

Dear Parents,
     Happy Thursday!  This means we only have one week left of lessons.  YAY!  I am sure we are all excited about this.   I feel like everyone has done a great job doing daily work and keeping up.  This will benefit you  next Friday.  If all your work is done then you are done.  You can begin a true summer.  I am ready for that!  I have had 3 new books arrive this week.  I bought a couple with gift cards from Barnes and Noble that I received for Christmas. (Thank you!)  These will begin my summer reading list.  I haven'r read much because I am on my computer all day so reading is not what I want to do.

Language Arts -  This week the students are finishing up Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with a book report.  They have been assigned certain slides to complete each day.  The last two are tomorrow. So at the end of the day tomorrow they should have their report finished.  Next week, I will be looking for short reads to do or grammar items to review.  Only 4 days of assignments.

Math -  This week we have worked on factors and multiples.  These are things that are needed to know when moving into fractions.  We have covered so many new things since we have been online learning.  They are doing an excellent job.  Tomorrow they learn about prime and composite numbers.  I am not sure what direction I am deciding to go for the 4 days next week. I will decide that over the weekend.

Social Studies - The student have typically read 2 lessons a week but next week there will be 3.  I will still put them out on Thursday and it will still be due the next Wednesday.  The sooner they get it done the better for them and for me.  We have covered a lot of information over 3 regions since we have left the building.  I am super proud of them and all the work they have done.

Dates:  Important dates to keep in mind.  

     May 25th is the day late work is due. 

     May 27th Last Social Studies will be due.

     May 28th Day to pick up personal things from school and drop off any                              textbooks. library books, and computers.

I hope this is all finding you well. (As a tornado warning was just issued for Clark County.)  Stay safe from weather and illness.  I have so missed spending the rest of this year with your children. I know this has not been easy on them or you.  Thank you for all you are doing with them.  It is so important we keep their minds engaged and learning.  We have been able to do that togehter.

Have a great weekend!

God Bless,
Mrs. Sickels

No comments:

Post a Comment