Thursday, May 30, 2019

Dear Parents,
     Happy LAST Thursday of 4th grade!!  I can't believe it is here and I am very sad!  I hate to see these kids move on.  I want to keep them!  I just have a few things to let you know today. Thank you for sharing your precious children with me!  I have truly enjoyed being a part of their lives for this year!  

Language Arts -  We finished off the year reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and we watched the movie and had popcorn, pop, and chocolate. They were a great audience.  They laughed together and watched intently.  I heard one student say it was the best movie they have ever seen! We had fun a lot of fun with this. It is always a great end to the year.  Please keep reading over the summer.  Statistics show that if you read nothing you can lose up to 2 months worth of comprehension skills! We do NOT want that.  I would also hate to see them lose any fluency they have spent the year building!

Math-  We have finished the year doing division!  Some have picked up on it and some have not.  We have practiced it every day for over a week.  I highly recommend having your child do some division over the summer.  In the beginning of 5th grade they will dig into it and it will only help them if they practice, practice, practice.  Also any basic facts you can do with them would be great.  Multiplication and division would be the best.

Social Studies- We did it! They finished their interactive notebooks.  They have a book of facts about all 50 states that they can keep!  We also took our end of the year states and capitals test.  Most did very well, I had a couple that did not.  Those tests are in their folders for you to look at.  It has been a fun year learning about the 50 states.

Friday, May 31st -  We will begin our day together, then we will go to mass at 9:15.  At the end of mass there will be awards and a reception for Father and Kay.  Lunch will be burgers from the grill of Thane and Rachel Glynn.  At 12:45 we will begin field day.  We will play games for the rest of the afternoon.  I am trying to finish our read aloud book so I will do a lot of that tomorrow.  I am not sure I can get it done but I will try.

Have a great summer!  I have had a great year and wish these kids nothing but great things in their future!  I am thankful I get to teach them at least one class next year!

God Bless,
Mrs. Sickels

No comments:

Post a Comment