Thursday, January 31, 2019

Dear Parents,
     Happy Thursday!  We are here in school!!  I apologize that I don't have much to say today.  These snow/ice/cold days are killing me!!!  When we return and it's a two hour delay I pick and choose what classes we will do.  Mainly to be sure we are finishing up important things that we don't want to linger.  So here goes:

Language Arts : Tuesday we finished the Unit 3 Test.  Today we went over the Unit Test together to discuss questions students missed.  I also finished our fluency testing this week.  We are ready to begin a new story for week 16 next week!  Finally.  We should have been dong that story this week!  

Math:  The next strategy I have to teach will be the standard algorithm. I need two solid days in a row to make sure I get that done.  We have not had that.  Thank goodness I haven't done it!  We have worked on Math facts.  Last week we took a multiplication fact test and did some work with flash cards and around the world.  I will do that same kind of thing this week it there is time.  Next Monday I intend on starting that new strategy!

Social Studies :  The best part about this subject is I have all the states interactive notebook pieces copied and I can use it to fill in at any time.  We has class Tuesday and today.  Today I did a doubly whammy of social studies.  They are working on North Carolina and they have a wkst to do.  Tomorrow we will move on with Social Studies and talk about elevation Maps and they will have homework.

Book It Calendars :  January Calendars are due Tuesday, February 5th!  They can turn them in after this date but will not be rewarded.  I have spent my snow days reading so they will be shocked when they see my minutes!

Grandparent/Special Guest Day:  The students are asked to dress their BEST tomorrow.  We will get on a bus around 1:00 and bus over to Holy Spirit.  You can meet your student there.  There will be a reception of cookies and juice in the basement of the church following Mass.  You are free to take your student with you as long as you let Mrs. Sickels know before you leave.  Bus and Trolley pick up will take place at the church at the normal times.

Happy Catholic Schools Week!  It's always crazy!

God Bless,
Mrs. Sickels

No comments:

Post a Comment