Thursday, January 24, 2019

Dear Parents,
Happy Thursday! Or maybe NOT! Old Mother Nature must be mad at someone! This is definitely not what I expected this week! I am praying I see your kids tomorrow. I wanted to get out to you the Catholic Schools week Schedule. So here it is. On Wednesday it is class theme day. We have not been together to pick a theme! I plan on doing that tomorrow. I also will not be there on Wednesday due to a class I have to attend so Mrs. Weight will be my sub. I will make her aware of whatever we choose for our theme.

Please take note you need to send a sack lunch with your child on Monday. Thursday the sack lunch will be provided by the school but you do have the option of bringing your own from home.

Language Arts - We will spend out time finishing up the Unit Test. I do not plan to rush the kids all because of snow days. Next week we will continue the testing. We will also free read, for those not finished with their book reports, work on handwriting and a writing activity.

Math- We accomplished a Math fact test this week. This is a topic we have decided is important to help the students with. We have been working on Reading fluency so now we feel the need to focus on Math fluency with our emphasis on multiplication facts. This class did pretty well but we hope to improve their scores no matter what those scores. For those who are getting it we may put them to a times test. Knowing these facts are important in all aspects of math throughout their life. The students will be charting their progress. I hope to do that with them tomorrow.


I am sorry the formatting isn't perfect on this but I copy and pasted from another source.

Sunday January 27th Opening of Catholic Schools Week
Eucharistic Celebration 9am at Holy Spirit Church
Breakfast Pizza in Parish Hall following Mass
provided by our PTO


Monday January 28th Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day
11:30-1pm Lunch for faculty and staff
provided by PTO
Parent Volunteers please arrive by 11:15
Students bring sack lunch (milk is provided) and
eat with Advent Angel
Spirit Week Dress: Blue and Gold Day

Tuesday January 29th Student Appreciation Day  
2:00 - 2:45 pm Students vs. Teachers
Spirit Week Dress: Twins or Famous Duos


Wednesday January 30th Community Appreciation Day  
Chamber of Commerce Coffee 9am in gym
1st Grade Presentations
8th Grade Presentations  
Advent Angels -Make Valentine cards for
Servicemen and women
Spirit Week Dress: Class Theme Day


Thursday January 31st School Appreciation Day  
LUNCH - SACK LUNCH provided by school
milk provided
1:00pm Movie in the Gym  -
-students may bring blankets and pillows
Spirit Week Dress: PJ Day


Friday February 1st Grandparents/Special Guest Day
Mass begins at 1:30 pm at Holy Spirit Parish
Cookie and Punch Reception following Mass
Spirit Day Dress: Dress Up Day

I hope everyone has enjoyed their snow days. The first one I liked the 2nd was okay but today ugh!! I am done with snow days. I like them scattered through winter not all in one week! Let's hope Mother Nature has it out of her system!

God Bless,
Mrs. Sickels

No comments:

Post a Comment