Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dear Parents,
       Happy Thursday!! May 2 and SNOW!!  I can't believe it!!!  Someone has made Mother Nature mad and I sure wish they would apologize to her!! Maybe then we can have Spring.  The end of the year is drawing near.  It seems very quick for me because I am planning all the things we need to accomplish before we say good-bye.  I have really enjoyed this class.  They have been a lot of fun but also challenging.  Thank you for sharing your precious gifts with me!

Field Trip -  We will be going to Boone Iowa to ride the Boone Scenic Valley Railroad on Friday, May 10th. Please fill out field trip permission form and return by Wednesday, May 8th. We need to leave at 8:00 A.M. so I ask that all kids arrive in my classroom by 7:50.  It is about a two hour drive.  We will board the train at 10:30 and the ride is an hour and 45 minutes long.  This year we will eat our sack lunches on the train.  When we return to the station at 12:15 we will clean up and have a museum tour from 12:30-1:00.  The museum is new.  Last year it wasn't open yet, so this will be my first experience touring.  There is also a gift shop that I allow the students to go into.  The cost for the trip has gone up due to the renovations they have made.  I ask that each student bring in $5.  This fee includes the train ride and the museum tour.    I plan to arrive home by 3:15-3:30 that day.  The students will miss the bus so arrangements need made to be picked up.  Don't forget lunches!! Also, this crazy Iowa weather, please pay attention and dress accordingly.

Iowa Assessments - The results for your student's Iowa Assessments are in.  I have them in my room.  You may stop in anytime to pick them up from me.  I am available from 7:50-8:20 each morning but Tuesday because I have morning duty.  I am available Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 11:50-12:40. (please contact me if coming then so I don't leave for lunch).  Also 3:15 -3:45 every day depending on my older girls sports schedule.  Again just check with me!!  I would love to show you how your student did.

Social Studies -  Projects start coming due next week.  I have had to change a couple of due dates due to conflicts so make sure you ask your child about changes.  We are testing today over chapter 10.  We will go through chapter 11 just as quickly so we can start on the Western Region.  It is my favorite region because I love the Rocky Mountains.  We will cover that region kind of quickly also.  They are all used to the way we cover a chapter so stepping up the pace this time of year is fine.  Hard to believe I am planning for the end!

Have a great weekend!!

God bless,
Mrs Sickels

No comments:

Post a Comment