Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dear Parents,
                     This is my last parent letter for the year.  I appreciate all you  have done to help your student this year.  I appreciate you sharing your wonderful child with me.  I have totally enjoyed teaching this group this year.  They have been a lot of fun.  They are a great group.  I highly recommend working with your child with division and multiplication over the summer.  There is a website called bedtimemath, go there and they will give you a problem a day to work.  You don't have to use this at bedtime but you could use at breakfast, lunch, or during a down time in afternoon.  If you are a parent that works, leave it in the morning and give them all day to work the problem, then go over it together when you get home.  It's a great idea!!  Also find them a good book to read!!  Enjoy the summer vacation and all you do!!  Stay safe!!!

Language Arts - Well, we have taken the Unit 6 test, which you will find the results for in the folder today.  We took the End-of-the-Year test today.  I will have those results ready for next Tuesday.  We will finish up by looking at corrections on this last test and share their Author reports.  I am very pleased with overall scores on the Unit 6 test.  All students did very well on the comprehension section.  I was excited!!

Math-  We are working in Geometry this week and finish the last couple of days reviewing fractions.  They have enjoyed these last few days of geometry.  I think some have found it fun.  We discussed a lot of terms this week: point, line, line segment, ray, angle, right angle, acute angle, obtuse angle, straight angle, parallel lines, intersecting lines and perpendicular lines.  That is a lot over two days.  We will take the end of the year Math test on Tuesday morning.

Social Studies -  We have been reading about the West.  We finished one chapter today and will start the last chapter in the book tomorrow.  We will pick up on the most important things in this chapter Friday and Tuesday.  We took our first states and capitals test yesterday.  I handed all but 4 back today.  We will take another one tomorrow.  The final one will be Tuesday where they have to label the states and capitals on a map.  If they are struggling on these small ones the last one will be difficult.  I will give them a map of the West to practice on.  That is the only region they didn't get to study on.

I hope all of you have a great long weekend!!  I also wish all of you the best summer ever!!  I really hope they read a  couple books, participate in lots of out door activities, spend time with family and friends, and most of be safe!!

God Bless,
Mrs. Sickels

No comments:

Post a Comment