Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dear Parents,

Happy Thursday!!! We are finishing up Iowa Assessments today!!! This is the new name to the ITBS tests.  We tested on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings.  I really hope everyone encouraged their children to do well.  I will be anxious to see the student's scores.  Next week we will go back to a completely normal week with a regular routine.

Language Arts -  We took the Unit 5 test this week.  Not one f the best tests we have taken in 4th grade.  Please look for their results in next week's folder.  We continue to read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in class.  We have created golden tickets and they are hanging in the hallway.  We have been talking about when we will watch the movie and when the final project for this unit will be due.

Social Studies - We will be beginning the Southwest Region.  I have assigned the new projects this week.  I combine the Southwest States and the Western States together.  This is the last project for them!!!  Time flies when you are creating fun things!!  I am looking forward to this last project.  All of their projects have been great.  I can see they are putting some effort into their work.  I am very pleased with them.  We will move through the Southwest a little faster that the other chapters so I can get to the West Region.

Math - We have finished up chapter 6 test and will be starting chapter 7 on Division.  Please begin going over flash cards with your child.  We will start out easy then move into long division. I have a new way to show them to divide.  It is called "Partial Quotient".  Something I am sure the parents haven't seen.  You may learn something from your 4th grader.

Have a great weekend!!
Mrs. Sickels


No comments:

Post a Comment